1. In a large bowl add chicken, 1 tbsp. Of olive oil, garlic, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Allow chicken to marinate, refrigerated 30 minutes to overnight.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 tbsp. Of oil. Cook chicken approximately 4 minutes or until chicken starts to brown.
3. Add the rest of olive oil and butter. When the butter is melted add the mushrooms, cooking them for 1-2 minutes before adding the thyme and oregano. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until mushrooms begin to brown.
4. Add heavy cream and chicken stock. Mix together and cook for an additional minute.
5. Meanwhile, place a pot of water to boil and cook pasta one minute less than the package directions. Drain and mix with mushroom sauce.
6. Remove from heat, add cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Top rigatoni with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and pinch of micro basil.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Barilla
How to Maximize Your Menu with Less
If you feel like you need another set of hands in your kitchen, not only are you not alone, but Tyson Foodservice has a variety of ways to give them to you. With a full portfolio of ready-made products that exist to help streamline your menu and make back-of-house life a little easier, you can consider us your own personal prep squad.